What do the events surrounding the death of George Floyd mean for human dignity, and how should pro-life Christians respond? In this episode, Human Coalition President Brian Fisher examines the issues of human dignity and the rule of law during a time of racial unrest in America.
- NBC News (initial story on the death of George Floyd): https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/man-dies-after-pleading-i-can-t-breathe-during-arrest-n1214586
- USA Today (initial story on the death of George Floyd): https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/05/26/george-floyd-minneapolis-police-officers-fired-after-public-backlash/5263193002/
- CBS News (charges against the police officers): https://www.cbsnews.com/news/derek-chauvin-minneapolis-police-officer-george-floyd-death-conditional-bail-1-million/
- Human Dignity and Bioethics: Essays Commissioned by the President’s Council on Bioethics (Daniel Sulmasy article): https://bioethicsarchive.georgetown.edu/pcbe/reports/human_dignity/chapter18.html
- Administrative Office of the U.S. Courts (Rule of Law definition): https://www.uscourts.gov/educational-resources/educational-activities/overview-rule-law
- “The Briefing” Friday, May 29, 2020 (Albert Mohler quotes on the rule of law): https://albertmohler.com/2020/05/29/briefing-5-29-20
Questions or comments about the show? We love hearing from you! Questions@TheHumanElementShow.com