Alabama’s abortion ban is the first total abortion ban signed into law by a governor. The stakes are high: Will the law be taken up as a challenge to Roe v. Wade? Learn more on this week’s episode.
- Text of the law: https://legiscan.com/AL/text/HB314/id/1980843/Alabama-2019-HB314-Introduced.pdf
- Text of Roe v. Wade: https://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-supreme-court/410/113.html
- Personhood and Roe: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20443281 and https://www.dailywire.com/news/32560/key-ending-roe-was-provided-majority-opinion-paul-bois
- Interview with the bill’s author: https://www.npr.org/2019/05/16/724089804/author-of-alabama-restrictive-abortion-bill-wants-to-revisit-roe-v-wade-decision
- Fact-check of misleading claims: https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/janelytvynenko/alabama-abortion-ban-misinformation